Gender Blenders is a non-profit organization and its contributions to the Burning Man Event are funded through fundraisers, donations from fairy patron(s), and our camper’s contribution to the GB Gift to playa (i.e. our camp, its resources, and events). Each year, in the 10 Principles tradition of Burners, Blenders (GB campers) contribute time and money (Blender’s Gift Contribution) to make GB on playa happen.
Note: No Queers/LGBTQ+/POC turned away for lack of funds! Scholarships to cover financial camp contributions (minus camp bond) are available if needed.
Blender’s Gift Contributions goes towards:
- maintaining infrastructure
- Blender Dome (24′ Geodesic Dome)
- Shade Structure
- camp kitchen (stove, sink, shelves, etc)
- camp monkey hut (GB-only chill space)
- camp shower
- camp chairs
- sound system
- camp signage / camp lights
- replacing camp tools (MOOP pickup tools, camp carts, rebar puller, fire safety, first aid, etc)
- supplies for workshops and events (Blender/Mixers, alcohol, fruit, tea, signs, etc)
- safer sex supplies and toys for the GB Dome and Sexploration Party
- water for Blenders (campers and GB events)
- potable/drinking/clean water
- grey water disposal during/end-of the event
- Fuel for generators and camp stove
- transporting camp supplies to playa
- storage container rental and playa delivery
- camp dues scholarships for Trans/GQ/QPOC Burners in need
The Blender Gift Contributions are tiered based on when you commit to the camp’s mission and contribute to making that mission a reality at Burning Man. The GBer’s Gift Contribution goes up as the event draws nearer because accommodating additional campers closer to the event takes more time, money, and human resources to prepare for. Of course, if you can, you are encouraged to commit at a higher tier regardless of the date. Paying at a higher tier earlier in the yearly cycle allows us to do more (like give more low-income scholarships).
In addition to the Blender Gift Contribution that goes towards making what we do possible, we incorporate a refundable $50 Camper’s Agreement Bond that deters plug-and-play camp mentality (pay a bunch of money, show up, don’t do any work, leave without lifting a finger) that is antithetical to the 10 Principles. The camper’s agreement bond is refunded after the event is done to Blenders that have met their contribution requirements (a full day of setup/teardown, camp work shifts, event volunteering, and adhering to the Camper’s Agreements)..
It takes a lot of time and money to maintain the space we maintain, and every bit helps! Please consider contributing at the tier you are capable of.
- Early Blender Tier
- January – April 30th = $275 (Gift + Camp Bond)
- Prepared Blender Tier
- May 1st – July 27th = $325 (Gift + Camp Bond)
- Spontaneous Blender Tier
- July28th – August 17th = $400 (Gift + Camp Bond)
- Sugar Blender Tier
- current = $550 (Gift + Camp Bond + Gift&Bond toward scholarship to help a Blender in need)